Project Coordinator Job Description
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Reports To: Director – Construction
The Project Coordinator works with the entire project team and manages the organization of complex activities within projects and enables them to effectively work together.
- Coordinate and update all related schedules, lead the team in meeting deadlines and keeping them on track.
- Hold expert knowledge of all project management systems and train others as necessary
- Support pertinent relationships with vendors, suppliers, general contractors, customers, etc.
- Provide requested administrative support and research findings to supervisor(s) in estimating, designing, and development process.
- Perform bid solicitation on a regular basis, remain an advocate and example of great customer service.
- Coordinate licensure and permit tracking necessary and required to complete project.
- Coordinate monthly payment applications with general contractor and accounting team and monitor payment tracking.
- Enact problem solving skills and escalate issues as needed.
- Assist with contract documents and preparation of development binders.
- Organize monthly reporting documents and project closeout documents.
- Manage the preparation, planning and follow through of multiple assignments at once.
Associates Degree preferred plus 3-5 years of administrative coordinating or project management experience.
Proficient with Microsoft products and project management software; demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills, ability to listen intently and respond professionally. Must be self- motivated and a team player; works successfully with diverse personalities. Must be able to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment as it relates to matters of significance. In-depth knowledge of construction principles and practices is highly preferred; ability to take and give direction to others.
Must be able to work in extreme outdoor climates, travel to job sites, and work extended hours weekly with varying daily schedules. Also, should be able to stand and sit for 4+ hours at a time and be immersed in a typical construction environment.
802 N. 3rd Avenue • Phoenix, AZ • 85003 • 602-875-5000
This job description has been designed to include the essential functions and basic requirements of the job; please note that it is not inclusive of each job duty or expectation and it can be revised at any time.